Vegan Vacations and Vegan Spas
Vegan (and almost-Vegan) Vacations
It is becoming easier to travel and vacation or relax at a spa as a vegan and even to enjoy an entire vacation sans animal food, animal skin and products that have not been tested on animals. All over the globe, vegan awareness is creating a valuable market and a strong reason for resorts to cater to vegans. Here are some vacation suggestions — all but one are vegan and the one is nearly vegan for your relaxation consideration.
Vegan Life Energy, https://veganlifebeachbreaks.com/ in Alicante, Spain is one that is 100% vegan. The province of Alicante overlooks the Mediterranean and offers the sun-drenched relaxation that urban dwellers crave. Vegan Life offers cuisine for vegans, gluten-free vegans and those who follow a raw-food vegan regimen. There are also two vegan restaurants nearby and outdoor markets to patronize, while you float through the dreamy days and nights in one of the healthiest, most relaxing areas on earth. Visit their website for reservations and complete information.
The Stanford Inn, http://www.stanfordinn.com/, Mendocino, California. If the upper Central Coast of the Golden State is more to your liking, the Stanford Inn offers vegan, sustainable, organic food and drink for conscious patrons. Mendocino is not as hot as Southern California, but is beautiful and mild and very relaxing. The Ravens Restaurant provides delicious, organic, local cuisine. The Pacific Ocean yields a famous and mineral-rich sea vegetable in this pristine area off of Mendocino and The Ravens incorporates it into their cooking. Visit the Stanford website and see what it has to offer!
Park Lane Guest House http://www.parklaneguesthouse.com/, Austin, Texas. Another domestic vegan vacation paradise is Park Lane. Who would believe that walking distance from downtown Austin, there hides an eco-aware little corner of green heaven! Park Lane consists of individual cottages. While not strictly vegan – the menu includes eggs and vegetarian fare as well – vegan requests are welcome and accommodated. Visit the website and inquire about how vegan their menu actually is or can be.
Holistic Holiday at Sea http://www.atasteofhealth.org/
- Sails from Miami, Florida
- Spa retreat
- Spend a week cruising the majestic Western Caribbean on the luxurious MSC Divina, March 11-18, 2017. Dine on gourmet vegan meals and attend workshops from some of the leading authorities in holistic living and natural health in today’s world. See Ocho Rios, Jamaica; sunny George Town, Cayman Islands; historic Cozumel, Mexico; and the famous Nassau, Bahamas.
Lands in Love (Tierras Enamoradas) http://landsinlove.com/ (not strictly vegan)
- About 20 miles from San Ramon, Costa Rica
- Spa retreat
- Rejuvenate and find balance in your life on the trip of a lifetime! Imagine waking up every morning to coffee on your front porch facing the pristine beauty of the cloud forest. Lands in Love offers one of the longest forest zip lines available, horseback riding, white water rafting, and much more. The friendly staff is available to help arrange and customize the perfect vacation for you. And with a pet hotel on the property and pet-friendly policies, every member of your family can come along!
VegVoyages: Vegan Adventure Tours www.vegvoyages.com
- Bali, India, Laos, Malaysia, Sumatra, Thailand
• Spa retreat
- Immerse yourself in the culture, customs, traditions, and daily life from another part of the world. Longtime vegans, the people at VegVoyages are specialists in the vegan lifestyle and are committed to catering to their vegan guests. And with nearly 20 years of experience living, working, and organizing trips within Asia, you will receive their first-hand knowledge of the region, its people, its cultures, and all the delicious local cuisine. Every guest will enjoy these unique, exciting adventures that go beyond the beaten path!
Waterfall Villas www.waterfallvillas.com
- Costa Rica
- Spa retreat
- Family vacations, romantic getaways, yoga retreats, adventure tours – Waterfall Villas offers it all. Waterfall Villas is an eco-retreat and all staff are committed to rainforest preservation. They offer two kinds of vegan cuisine in the Costa Rica location: RAW or cooked. Guests can find heart-racing adventures, journey on incredible nature tours, or simply detox and rejuvenate in the first-class spa. Discover your own personal dream retreat, while enjoying some of the finest vegan cuisine anywhere on earth!
Under the Lime Tree www.underthelimetree.com
- Charente, France
- Spa retreat
- Under the Lime Tree is a boutique spa and B&B that specializes in vegan cuisine. Sitting on 25 acres of rolling hills, wild meadows, and ancient woodlands, guests can enjoy the wonderful spa services and explore the beauty of the stunning Charente region of Southwest France. Each unique spa treatment is intended to treat your personal physical and emotional needs. The perfect dream vacation to France, without the standard tourist activities!
VEGAN BEAUTY CARE
Le Petite Spa www.lepetitespany.com
- Croton-on-Hudson, New York
- Day spa
In the serene, secluded northern Westchester County, guests can enjoy the best organic, vegan skincare around. Le Petite Spa specializes in European facials utilizing Yum Gourmet Skincare products. The entire Yum line is Certified Organic, Certified Vegan, without harmful preservatives, chemicals, or any animal byproducts. And unlike other “vegan” products, they are never tested on animals. Check out their website for fun and festive seasonal specials and treatments!
- Woburn, Massachusetts
- Day spa
- A spa so committed to health, wellness, and the environment, it is embodied in the name! Gohspa stands for Green, Organic, Holistic. The entire spa is certified vegan and they also offer gluten-free services and products. The dedicated staff and first-class products eclipse standard day spas and provide healthful beauty and a complete wellbeing.
Spa Organica www.spa-organica.com
- North Berkeley, California
- Day spa
- At Spa Organica, every one of the products used in treatments and available in the store is all organic, vegan, non-toxic, and eco-friendly. Guests can find a wide range of spa treatments, massages, waxing, tinting, makeup services, and much more. Try out the ever-popular hot stone massage treatment, or renew your feet with the reflexology treatment. Because all products and services are certified vegan, all guests are free to indulge, get pampered, and showcase your own natural beauty!